Do you ever get like me and want to hear talking. Sometimes I just want to hear some good ol chatter (I live alone, welll, the dog doesn’t talk so you get what I mean) anyway, week in and week out I look forward to certain podcasts coming out. I decided I would share my favorites with you because these podcasts have such dynamic people that host them and they have the ability inspire, inform, or entertain so well that I couldn’t keep them to myself. So here are my cannot live without podcasts!
- The Friend Zone – This podcast is hosted by 3 dynamic young ppl living in New York City. Fran, the bohemian girl and an expert on wellness, Dustin, a young actor with the quickest, funniest mind I have heard in a long time, and Assante, a kindhearted, fun friend that EVERYONE would want. The 3 of them seriously make you feel like you are a part of the conversation as they talk about everything from pop culture to mental health, wellness, and struggles all young adults face. Guaranteed you will look forward to each Wednesday for an hour and a half filled with laughter, insights on life, and finish that podcast with a warmer heart and a smile.
- The Read – The OG of podcasts for me is hosted by Kid Fury and Crissle. There are not 2 people less afraid to share their opinions on anything whether it is pop culture, politics, dating, race or family issues. They articulate things in a way that lets you know exactly what well-informed millennials are feeling. They are hilarious and serious at the same time. So on Thursday let them in and you will soon be addicted and possess a new appreciation for Crissle’s mantra, “Words mean things”.
- How I built this with Guy Raz – As a young entrepreneur myself, it is inspiring to hear the ground up stories of corporations that are now household names. Who knew that Sara Blakely of Spanx fame was once a fax sales person who could get no one to produce her idea! Check it out to hear the extremely bumpy start of Starbucks. It just inspires me to keep writing and sharing and soon I will find the perfect place for my brand as well :).
- Ted Talks Daily – There is very little better than a Ted Talk, I find that I listen to them and feel like I can do anything or I hear a perspective of someone living a very different life from mine and I feel open to learn more about others than before. It is the perfect podcast because as long as there are people on earth willing to share, the subjects are limitless and so is the inspiration.
- Myleik Teele’s Mytaughtyou Podcast – Myleik is the accomplished big sister in my head, calling me on my bullcrap and getting my life ready for the next chapter. Myleik is the creator and owner of the million dollar corporation, Curlbox a subscription box service specializing in hair care. She has a very interesting background, I mean…who knows any successful former assistants to a Real Housewife (Well now ya do). She has seen a lot in her life and is sharing the knowledge with anyone ready to listen. This podcast comes out sporadically and is usually 30 min or less so its a great listen on the go.
- Now for my random faves –
- LeVar Burton Reads (yes the Reading Rainbow guy) Levar shares a new short story with his signature voice and makes you love storytelling again!
- Serial – the First season changed the game. Who doesn’t love a whodunit mystery?! By the time you finish the first season everyone is a suspect and you can’t wait to find out what happens along with us Serial listeners worldwide!
- Myths and Legends – Think you know fairy tales? Nope, we don’t. Many of our fave childhood stories have very little to do with the actual original story. So in this podcast, you will learn the actual story many of our faves are based on like, Puss and Boots, The Ugly Duckling, Miss Piggy and Snow White.
Special Announcement!!! As you can see I LOVE Podcasts. I love the opportunity to share knowledge and help people feel better inside, so I am launching a podcast to complement This Curvy Life! It will focus on my best travel tips and stories, navigating corporate life, friendships, self-esteem and positivity, and of course a bit on navigating this blogging world! While those are my plans it is more important that I know what would you love to talk about. Is there something you wish a podcast was addressing? Do you have a question you always wanted to be answered? You can add it to the comments below or if you want more privacy email it to firstname.lastname@example.org and I will be sure to answer them on the podcast! I can’t wait to share This Curvy Life’s Podcast with all of you! This is going to be sooo much fun!!!
That lovely announcement being shared, I hope this rundown of my fave podcasts gave you at least one new podcast to look into. They are some of the highlights of my week so check them out! Let me know your personal podcast faves in the comments along with your subject or question that you want me to address on This Curvy Lifes Podcast! (ERMAGERD I AM GONNA MAKE A PODCAST Y’ALL!)