I love my girlfriends and I love to travel. Even though I travel solo quite a bit, I love to include them so we can have a fun time together. In order to do this sucessfully, you need to keep a few things in mind so I wanted to share my top 5 tips for planning a fun and fab girlfriends trip!
- Plan the trip you want – That may seem obvious but I have learned that trying to cater to everyone in every aspect of your trip will have you frustrated. You need to plan a trip that you actually will be excited to take, regardless of how many of your girlfriends end up attending. Which leads me to my next point…
- Most of your girlfriends will not go – No matter if you invite all your girlfriends or a small number, the majority of your friends will not be at the airport when you leave for this trip. If you adjust your thinking to expect this you will not be disappointed. People have good intentions but in the end people either are not financially able or may not prioritize travel that they have not planned so they cancel. That is why you need to make sure you apply tip #1 to your life. If you planned the trip you want it doesn’t matter how many people go you are gonna have a great time!
- Do your research – There are lots of places to go and all have great features – All-inclusive resorts, weekend trips, beach vacays, taking a cruise, planning a roadtrip, I could go on but as you can see the options are endless! All of these can be discounted based on the number in your group and depending on the season you may find specific times of year better to travel than others, so do your research.
- Once you have decided as a group to go on vacation, try to assign responsibilities to some of your girlfriends so that you can have others in the group own some of the load and also get them more vested in the trip and less likely to cancel.
- Enjoy the process – Sometimes you can get so involved in the process or fielding calls from travel agents or girlfriends that might be difficult, that you can miss out on the fun of going on a great vacation! I enjoy shopping for my clothes and planning some gifts for my friends for the trip so focusing on those aspects help me to have more fun…after all you are going on vacation!!!
I hope these tips help you to enjoy your girlfriends trip! Where would you like to go next? Share your dream destinations or your fave tips for planning a group trip in the comments.