2017 has been one of the most interesting and fulfilling years of my life from starting This Curvy Life to taking some amazing trips with my friends and for the blog! After seeing Oprah Winfrey’s (or Auntie O as I call her) Favorite things and in honor of her I decided to start a tradition of sharing This Curvy Life’s Favorite Things…2017 Edition!!! I have something for everyone! Travel, Beauty, Pet lovers, Music and a special section for my fellow bloggers! Enjoy!
If you love Scandal, you know that Olivia Pope has her wine in gorgeous long stem glasses. In preparation for a Scandal watch party, I purchased these glasses for myself and my closest girlfriends. It is elegant and gorgeous in every way and my favorite from Crate and Barrel. – Crate and Barrell’s Camilla Red Wine Glass
If you love to entertain like I do the invite you send to your friends sets the tone for the event. Take your group text or evite to the next level with Paperless post. Paperless post allows you to customize an online invitation or a printed invitation with preset templates or designers like Kate Spade! I used them for many events this year, namely the invite for my bestie’s baby shower and it was a highlight of my year! – Paperless post
Music & Podcasts!
This year was filled with so much great music that it was hard to pick 1 or 2 songs so here’s 4, plus some cool podcasts…
- Shining – DJ Khaled feat Beyonce and Jay-Z – I love a song that celebrates working hard and celebrating your results. I am inspired by it each day!
- 24 Carat Magic – Bruno Mars – a party song if there ever was one. Play this while you are getting ready for a girls night! I really think about playing this in Vegas and having the time of my life! Pretty much this whole album had me feeling this way.
- Bodak Yellow – Cardi B – If you don’t love Cardi because of her story, you will love her because of the irreverence of this song. Stay focused, hustle, and win is the underlying story of this one.
- Passionfruit – Drake – I love songs like this. It reminds me of songs you hear in Anthropologie that you dance around to while you shop, except I never know any of those artists. I love Drake and I love this song. As the millennials say, Issa bop!
- My favorite podcast is The Friendzone. Fran, Dustin and Assante, are hilarious, sincere, and the best combo I have heard on a podcast in a long time. Shoutout to my podcast lol if I keep working maybe I will get this good :).
I haven’t had a post about my skincare regimen yet but I wanted to share 2 of my faves below…
This face wash is actually a powder that your work up into a rich lather on your face. The powder lasts a long time and is worth every single cent. It is a combination exfoliant and regular face wash. Less water ups its exfoliant factors. It is my absolute fave.
- Peter Thomas Roth Camu Camu Vitamin C Powder
I am always struggling to find a decent moisturizer. I have very sensitive skin and can’t take heavy moisturizers as they make me break out. This moisturizer makes my skin feel so soft and fresh. Oh my gosh I love it! I am sure you will feel the same way.
- L’Occitaine Shea Butter Light Comforting Cream
Travel! Travel! Travel!!!
This year was lovely for travel for me. I started the year at Disney World, where I have not been since I was 12 years old so being there was such a beautiful experience for me and I was able to lower my defenses and just enjoy the magic of Disney! I found a few great restaurants in Miami, a cool place for girlfriend trips in Punta Cana and a very cool hotel in Chicago!
So Disney World, Le Sirenuse – Miami, and The Ambassador Hotel are my favorite travel things this year!
Personal Moments! – I am making a post about my favorite moments of 2017 but decided to share one I couldn’t wait for…
- My Puppy, Barkley! – This year I got my puppy and she has turned my life upside down and filled me with so much love. She is the Favorite thing of my whole life.
Blog!- For my fellow Bloggers
- Conference – I went to many meetups, networking events, and brunches but the best event by far was Curvy Girl Conference in Chicago. I have been to so many events where there are so many general comments made with no actionable direction. Each panel was filled with experts and people that are new at being succesful, they had lots of knowledge to share. I loved each moment and I hope I can go in 2018.
- FB groups – There are many FB groups that you can join but my faves for sincere comments are Lifestyle Bloggers and Bloggers Uprising. The admin for Lifestyle Bloggers tries to post daily so you can always count on her for comments and I have met some of my favorite bloggers through her group. I haven’t found groups that follow up to make sure people comment and reciprocate. These ladies do.
- Favorite Tool – Canva! Canva! Canva! What did I do before I had Canva? Struggle that’s what! I love it for my Pinterest pins and when I don’t have a photo it comes in so handy for my IG posts. The image in this post was made in Canva. Please utilize it if you aren’t already!
Well, my friends, these are my favorite things of 2017! I am hoping you loved them as much as I did! Share one of your favorite things in the comments and maybe it will be on the list for 2018!