Throwing a party is a fun thing, but can be lots of work. What is the key to hosting a successful event, regardless of the purpose of the party? Details! Where can you get ideas for your party if you need a little help getting inspired? How can you organize your party? What resources can you use to make it special? The next 6 suggestions will get you started.
- I love Pinterest for all things inspiration! You can be assured that any type of party: dinner, graduation, engagement or baby shower will be listed along with pictures and ideas on how you can DIY. I made a section for party ideas on my Pinterest for you here! Here are some of my fave pictures from events I have thrown. (I promise to make a post on the details for each another time)
2.Check your own resources – You may be surprised at how many of your friends have different talents that can help you plan. Your friend that is the Type A personality might be amazing at organizing and can help you with budgeting. Another friend might be great at technology and can help you create a cool filter or hashtag for IG. Ask your friends and let the party planning start!
3. Be specific – You will be surprised at how many events get thrown off because there is no plan. Plan the flow of your party – an idea when will certain things happen (mingling with drinks, food, etc.) If you are throwing a shower, move from food to games within an hour of serving so things do not get stale and you do not lose your guests (people tend to leave baby showers early). Be clear with your co-hosts on how costs will be divided (trust me on this, people get real inventive if you do not get specific).
4. Use online resources – My favorite site for online invitations is Paperless Post. It is a step up from Evites that allows you to fully customize online invitations from your favorite designers like Kate Spade or get printed invites should you like those. For paper invitations, however, I turn to Etsy. Here is a designer I have used via Etsy. There are many wonderful designers that will customize an invitation on quality paper to really set your party off!
5. Customize – For example at my bestie’s baby shower I hosted a game of Baby Name that Tune, full of songs from the 90s. This is her favorite type of music and was fun for everyone there because they were songs we all remembered and loved. If you are throwing a launch party for a business, create a custom cocktail named for your company! It does not require a bartender, you can add two ingredients in a glass dispenser and make a small sign for it or your food menu and your guests will quickly be in the partying spirit!
6. Make your event welcoming and fun – We all want a Pinterest or IG worthy event but if it is not fun no one is coming to your next party girl…LOL. Make sure all your planning leads to fun. So don’t be too rigid. Plan but be flexible. Add fun details like an area for photos with props. Everyone will have a great time and you will be the go-to person in your friend group for all things party!
I hope all your parties turn out to be wonderful. I love to host a great event so I hope this post helps you add details that set your party off in the fab direction!