I have been blogging for a few months and have seen this Liebster Award posted on different blogs. I would best describe it as an acknowledgment from fellow bloggers on your work. I would like to thank Kassy of Sennar Living for the nomination. When you are nominated you will share details on your blogging journey so let’s get this started!
- Why did you start blogging? – I started blogging because I wanted to see a voice like mine online and unfortunately, I did not see that. The people I saw sharing were celebrities or wealthy millennials and very few could share info that was of interest to me like, travel or attainable style.
- What three tips you can give about blogging? – Be yourself at all times, be consistent, and be ready for a long haul. The motivation has to be share, not be instafamous or your blog will fade quickly.
- Has blogging made you a better person? – I don’t know about that, I have been very focused on working on it. I has made me very determined but that is not very new.
- How long have you been blogging? – I have had an active blog since the spring of 2017 but started initially on IG about a year and a half ago.
- Are you collaborating with other bloggers and do you find that helpful and why? – I am collaborating in the sense that we collaborate on engagement but not on posts at this time. I am not opposed to it 🙂
- How are you growing your followers? – I share my blog everywhere I go and every outlet I use. I seek out opportunities to network with other bloggers. I work hard at following guidelines for SEO and try to share on social media the info on my latest posts.
- What’s your blogging niche? – Travel and style 🙂
- How did you learn about the different aspects of blogging and do you find it overwhelming? – Yes, blogging is very overwhelming because nothing stays the same, and the demands of keeping an active blog are high. I read online articles constantly, I ask questions and I listen. Listening will give you more info than talking will.
- What are three of your blogging goals for the next six months? – Plan posts in a more efficient manner and consistently post 5 times per week, and roll out the last component of the blog!
- If you could help someone that’s a newbie blogger, what would you do? – I would say that blogging has to be something you love as it can seem like a lot of work with little results at first. Don’t underestimate yourself and believe that you are just as awesome as any other blogger. Don’t compare your journey to theirs. Stay focused and keep your authentic voice.
- How are you ready to take your blogging experience to the next level? – I am making the content I provided into an multi-faceted experience…Great IG posts, Emailed “love letters” that share what is hot in style or travel, and the latest aspect coming to This Curvy Life….keep watching!