I have been asked every day what are my favorite things about fall and so I gave it some thought and wanted to share with you what makes fall special to me. Whether it is travel, or a seasonal drink (sorry no pumpkin spice fan lives here, lol), or just being with friends, fall is a time of year to enjoy and look forward to. So here are a few of my favorites!
- The leaves changing – How gorgeous is this! The deep golds, reds, and orange are amazing to me. I am an original Miami girl and we only have Summer so when I saw leaves change I was mesmerized.
- The scents change – Have you noticed how the scents promoted in stores change from a sweeter smell to a spicier note. As a child, I did not appreciate it, but now I see the beauty in the spicier scents and I notice how retailers do the same. In Bath and Body Works I noticed how many scents had a seasonal name or scent.
- Traveling to the mountains – I love the Blue Ridge Mountains. I have traveled there for over 15 years and for the last 5 at least they have been in the fall. The homes are beautiful, the area is very quiet and I can get in touch with my thoughts and rest completely there.
- Apple Picking! – This is a tradition among my friends, we all trudge up to the mountains and go to various orchards to pick apples. It really is about bonding and enjoying the scenery with friends. They are memories you will cherish forever.
- Having friends over! I loooooove entertaining and one of the things I have started lately is having “Frozen” Night. I am a Disney fiend and I love the movie Frozen. I invite all my friends who feel the same and we have cold themed foods like grilled cheese, chili, hot apple cider and hot cocoa and turn the movie into a sing-along It is one of my favorite things!
There are so many things that you can appreciate about any time of year and as these go by and life brings its various challenges I have learned to take time and treasure the better things of life. So now its your turn, share your fall favorites in the comments. Maybe you will remember something that will make you super excited that fall is here 🙂
Add your email below to receive This Curvy Life’s Love Letter which highlights the best of travel, style and what’s new this week![wpforms id=”158″ description=”true”]